Aeropostale management believes that their success is possible only because of the people who work in Aeropostale jobs in the stores and all the Corporate Departments. They have and need innovative, creative and talented employees.
These employees live out the company values. Apply with Aeropostale Application today!
- Integrity: The company translates this as doing the right thing and being open honest and ethical.
- Respect: Aeropostale interprets this as respects customer, employees and partners. Honoring our heritage and embracing the future.
- Teamwork: This value means employees communicate and collaborate while being accountable to each other and the company. They also encourage and empower one another.
- Compassion: Aeropostale employees and the company recognize needs, show heart, give and acknowledge and reward contributions.
Aeropostale values their employees above all else and in so doing asks their employees to value their customers and each other in the same way. The company is 100% committed to honoring the diversity of humanity in their employee base, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, age, gender identity, transgendered, and pregnancy and/or maternity.
To work for Aeropostale is to be fun loving and energetic. It is to be confident, comfortable with yourself, able to go at the drop of a hat, and grow where you land. If this is you the possibilities for growth, success and career advancement are boundless.
Aeropostale is thriving in an economy that has not benefitted retail. However, Aeropostale is not only surviving they are racking up the successes as the young people’s preferred place to shop as well as the talented young person’s preferred place to work. If you like young people and have a passion for fashion, Aeropostale is the place for you.
If you like young people and have a passion for fashion; Aeropostale is the place for you. Aeropostale’s web site has everything you need to know regarding the positions that are open and how to go about applying for them. Just go to their website by clicking here and then decide if you are applying for a corporate job or a store job.
If you choose corporate jobs you will be taken to a page that displays all of the employment forms for departments that are hiring. Click on the appropriate department and you will get another small information box about that department. Click on the line to see the opportunities. Another page will come up and tell you the job that is available and where the job is. Click on the title of the job you are interested in. This will take you to a page that describes the job and has a button to apply. Press the button and apply.
You Can Apply Online for Aeropostale Jobs
Corporate Opportunities and Employment Forms
Within the Corporate Offices there are currently over 30 openings in a wide variety of departments. Corporate jobs tend to be salaried positions and can range from $25,000 to $50,000 per year. These openings are in the fields of Design, Marketing, IT, Interactive Marketing, Merchandise, Art, International Store Design, Web Development, Real Estate Development, and Management.
These positions can range from Developer to Engineer, to Manager, Designer, Senior Manager, Project Manager and Directors. Most corporate positions are located in New York City.
Currently, within the store line, there are openings ranging from Store Manager to Assistant Store Manager to Store Sales Leader to Store Associate. The majority of these jobs are entry level retail either in the store or online order taking. Entry level jobs pay around minimum wage or more. As you progress with experience in retail your pay will also increase.
Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday is 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Aeropostale is well known for the quality of the internships they offer. These are offered in the spring, summer and fall school semesters. Students will have the opportunity to work at the Corporate Offices on a daily basis and learn about the various brands. Students work in area and learn more about the brands and the business itself.
Students work in Design, Merchandising, Production, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Graphic Design, and E-Commerce. When the internship is through the students would have learned about day to day operations and responsibilities in the department they were assigned to. This is great for their employers as well as the interns as they find that learning occurs on both sides. Students are now ready to apply for Aeropostale jobs if interested.
When applying to Aeropostale, it is evident that you have an eye for fashion. And not just any kind of fashion, the high end TV show with multiple judges kind of fashion sense. Very nice, so why not offer your talents to more than just one place? Hollister is also known for their high end and modern fashion that you could easily sell by the boatloads. Apply to Citi Trends to work with edgier and more urban styles of clothing. Lastly, apply to Wet Seal for a unique fashion selling experience dealing with modern and exciting fashion styles. That kind of talent shouldn’t be exclusive, so apply to all of these today!
This is a basic outline of the benefits at Aeropostale.
Environment and Culture
- Employee Awards
- Employee Awards
- Casual dress
- Companywide meetings every quarter
Health and Wellness
- Medical for FT
- Dental for FT
- Vision for FT
- Commuter Program
- Tuition Reimbursement for FT
- Life Insurance for FT
- Disability Insurance for FT
- Accidental Death for FT
- Employee Assistance (EAP) for FT
- Merchandise Discount at Aeropostale and P.S. Aeropostale
- Partnership with T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint
- Paid Vacation for FT
- Paid Holidays for FT
- Paid Personal Days for FT
- Leave of Absence for FT
Tips for Applying and Interviewing
- Be patient as you fill out your job form. Make sure it is grammatically correct and all the spelling is correct. Read through your employment form before you hit send or pass it in at the location. Look for any mistakes or typos and correct them.
- Make sure you fill in every line and every space. Do not leave off any information or they will not contact you for Aeropostale jobs.
- Aeropostale is a large successful company and they receive thousands of job inquiries. Give them at least several weeks after you fill out the form before you complain about it. Make sure you note the submission date of your paperwork and wait at least six weeks from that date. If you don’t hear from them six weeks after you sent your job form in go ahead and send a follow up email or call them.
- Make sure your electronically signed your form. It cannot be processed without a signature, and will most likely be deleted if a signature is not included. Not including information or leaving spaces blank is not responsible or professional. You do not want to leave a poor first impression on a potential employer.
- Pay attention to information on the company’s website. Know as much as you can about Aeropostales history, mission and success.
- Dress professionally no matter what job you are applying for and no matter what level that job is. Make sure you are well groomed and look nice when applying and getting interviewed at Aeropostale.
- Understand that you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Shake hands firmly. Make eye contact. Be polite. Be positive. Emphasize your strengths and don’t be afraid to show off what you can do for Aeropostale.
- Be prepared to ask questions yourself. What do you want to know about Aeropostale career opportunities and what do you want to know about the position?
Aeropostale was founded as MSS-Delaware in 1987 by the R.H. Macy and Co. They developed it as a private label for their department stores. During the 1980’s there was a boom in the retail department store industry and Macy’s began to target young men, opening its first Aeropostale specialty store in 1987
From 1987 to 1997 Federated Department Stores (now Macy’s) opened over 100 Aeropostale stores. Then the line was sold to the Aeropostale management team in conjunction with Bear Stearns. The team took the line public in 2002 on the New York Stock Exchange.
Aeropostale is today a mall-based specialty shop for the 14-17 year old men and women, selling casual apparel and accessories of its own design. They also have a line for 4-12 year olds labeled Aeropostale. They operate 986 stores located in all 50 di states, with 68 stores in Canada and some in Puerto Rico, as well as 22 in the Middle East, South East Asia and Europe.
Finally in 2012, they acquired women’s online retailer GoJane.com. Focused on the highest of quality merchandise for the active young adult, Aeropostale controls its brands and can sell them for a good value. Headquartered in New York City, they only sell their proprietary brands in their online site or in their stores.
Now you are ready to apply for the job of your dreams with Aeropostale career opportunities and fill out the Aeropostale application.