Burlington Coat Factory Jobs
The original Burlington Coat Factory was founded in 1924 to manufacture women’s coats and outerwear in New York City. Today’s Burlington Coat Factory was re-established and incorporated in 1972 by Monroe Milstein and Henrietta Milstein.
The couple bought a warehouse and garment factory in Burlington, New Jersey, thus the name. Apply with a Burlington Coat Factory Application today!
Monroe Milstein was a talented entrepreneur with a nose for fashion and a keen understanding of what women wanted in clothing. As the years went by the Burlington Coat Factory added other products like shoes, suits, sportswear and other accessories. Henrietta, on the other hand, found her niche in baby and children’s items.
Today Burlington Coat Factory is one of the largest off-price apparel and home product retailers in the world. With over 470 stores in 44 states and Puerto Rico along with an ecommerce online store and 4 Distribution Centers as well, the high quality name brand products are offered at up to 70% off of basic retail price.
With a successful history and growth pattern Burlington Coat Factory career opportunities are plentiful, and it is easy to apply online.
Applying Online to Burlington Coat Factory
If you have an outgoing personality, a love for retail work, great people and customer service skills and want a Burlington Coat Factory job, go here. Career opportunities range from entry-level to executive for the right people with the right skills.
Across the top of the page you will see a tag for Career Opportunities & Development. Click on this tag to be able to search jobs and be able to complete a Burlington Coat Factory online form.
First take a look at the page and get familiar with it. You will see a bar half way down the page that has these headings across it – Stores – Corporate – Distribution & Supply Chain – Jobs in Puerto Rico – Field Opportunities. Clicking on any of these will give you information about the opportunities in each of these areas.
On the left hand side of the page there is another small bar that says “Job Search” followed by “Job Field”, “Job Category”, “Location”, and “Keyword”. Here you can search for the various Burlington Coat Factory jobs. These are the areas in which you can complete online employment forms.
Click on the “Job Search” field on the right hand side of the page. This brings up the areas of career opportunities that you can apply for. This includes Stores, Corporate, Distribution, and E-Commerce.
Select one of these and then click on the job you are interested in. Now select the location and hit submit.
The available jobs will come up for this site and area, and you will be able to apply now by applying online. If you know where you want to work and what job you want to do you should go ahead and complete the Burlington Coat Factory online employment forms.
If you are not sure where you want to work or what positions might be available, you can browse the open jobs by putting in keywords. When you find the job and location you are interested in apply online.
Tips Applying to Burlington Coat Factory
Within the company structure there are jobs in the stores, the Home Offices and the Distribution Centers. Career opportunities are also available in the Home Offices.
Marketing/IT/Operations/Planning/Facilities and Maintenance
Purchasing/Real Estate/eCommerce/College Internships
These are the types of Burlington Coat Factory jobs available in the Distribution Centers.
Distribution/Human Resources/Loss Prevention/Management/Material Handlers/Processors
You can complete the online employment forms now.
The Burlington Coat Factory career opportunities at retail stores include:
Associates: Associates can be full-time or part-time. If they are entry-level they might be cashiers, stockers, facilities maintenance.
All entry-level positions start at Minimum Wage.
Field Management are higher level positions such as Regional Vice President of Sales
Loss Prevention positions might be clerk or they might be at higher level.
Store Management Includes store manager, assistant store manager, customer service manager, and area manager.
Managers can earn between $25,000 and $65,000 per year.
Managers are responsible for interviewing and hiring staff, training and supervising staff, overseeing daily operations, responsible for store profit and loss.
New Store Openings require Store Managers, Assistant Manager, Associates, Customer Service Manager, Area Manager, Marketing, Distribution Clerks, and Human Resources. In order to be able to open a new store, all of these types of career opportunities are available and needed.
What You Will Want to Know When you apply Online
- You must be 16 years of age to apply.
- Store hours are Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Good people skills and good customer service skills are needed for most of the Burlington Coat Factory jobs.
- You need a flexible schedule and a strong work ethic in order to work at Burlington.
Fill out your Burlington Coat Factory online employment forms.
Nothing says you’re important than a fancy suit, sports coat, or jacket. At Burlington Coat Factory, you’ll be dressing up the likes of men and kings in the ultimate form of men’s clothing. Quite a noble profession, so let’s spread the word of your talents to other places. Apply to H&M to sell upscale clothing, including coats. JCPenney would be lucky to have you, as their selection of high class clothing needs someone knowledgeable to give it justice. Finally, applying to Belk will offer you yet another opportunity to work with the finest that fashion has to offer.
College Recruitment and Internships at Burlington Coat Factory
Burlington Coat Factory believes in investing in the future of the company and of the country by investing in the students on today’s college campuses. The company’s investment in students is done through college internships, Supply Chain Leader Development Program and campus fairs and events on college campuses.
Burlington Coat Factory College Internship Programs
The Burlington Coat Factory College Internship Program is geared toward introducing college students to the retail environment in the real world of jobs and careers. A student might land in the corporate offices or one of their many stores. They are preparing the intern for career opportunities after they graduate.
College students find out if they like a retail career, what their motivation is, and at the same time they gain great contacts and experience for anything they decide to do post graduation. There are 4 types of college internships and programs offered.
- Corporate Internships are 10 week-long in the summer month of June, July and August. During this time students are exposed to the career opportunities in the home offices in New Jersey.
- In Store/Retail Management Internship is also a ten week program in the summer months. You start at the corporate offices in New Jersey for orientation, to meet the executive team and learn about the business model, tour the distribution center and then go to one of the local stores.
- Then you will learn by immersion into the world of retail. You will get to try your hand at all aspects of retail in a large store. You will learn through hands on experiences.
- Burlington goes to college students for campus fairs and campus fashion shows.
- Supply Chain Leader Development Program
This is a fairly extensive program for 18 months if you are interested in a career in the Supply Chain. You will develop the skills needed to complete a Burlington Coat Factory online employment form if desired. You will work with a mentor for 18 months in all areas of the supply chain. The first 10 weeks will split between New Jersey and California, followed by rotations to some in which you will actually run some programs.
Benefits Associated with Burlington Coat Factory Career Opportunities
Burlington Coat Factory career opportunities come with very good benefits. These might be offered to part-time as well as full-time, or some might be reserved for exempt personnel. All full-time employees receive:
- Paid time off including vacation, sick leave and bereavement leave.
- Healthcare = medical/dental/vision/ life insurance programs.
- 401 k retirement programs and profit-sharing
- 70% discount on any purchases from the stores
- Referral bonus program
- Dependent Care spending account.
If these benefits appeal to you, go online and complete an online form.
Tips for Completing the Application and Interviewing
- Fill out the form completely. Do not leave any blank spaces unless you explain why you are leaving it blank.
- Take your time and fill it out slowly making sure you are comfortable with your answers.
- When interviewing dress professionally no matter what you are interviewing for. This is especially true for entry-level positions. DO NOT WEAR jeans, shorts, t-shirt, short blouses, tube tops, tank tops, boots, flip-flops, hats, and sunglasses.
- When you interview be aware of body language. Shake hands firmly with interviewer and make eye contact. Maintain eye contact throughout the interview.
- Send a thank you note when the interview is over
- Ask for the Burlington Coat Factory job. Let them know you are the best choice.
A Brief History of Burlington Coat Factory
On 9-11 the plane that hit the World Trade Center also hit the Burlington Coat Factory and destroyed the building it was housed in. The company recently offered a public stock offering and the stores are doing well.
Go online and fill out your Burlington Coat Factory employment forms now!