The Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. were founded in 1970 by David Green in his garage. They were an extension of Greco Products, which made miniature picture frames. The first Hobby Lobby retail store was opened in 1972 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. With the continued growth, Hobby Lobby jobs are plentiful and you can easily complete the online Hobby Lobby form here.
Hobby Lobby is an arts and crafts store and is a leader in that industry. From the garage of David Green, the company has grown to 590 stores with over 67,000 products for sale. It is one of America’s largest privately held companies.
Today there are thousands of career opportunities for people who love arts and crafts and enjoy sharing their knowledge and passion with others. Hobby Lobby employees help customers find desired products, show them how to use them, and cash them out. They also hold classes at the store.
If this sounds like the kind of job you might enjoy then you can complete a Hobby Lobby application.
Apply to Hobby Lobby Online
To pursue your career at Hobby Lobby start at their website here. To pursue your Hobby Lobby Career Opportunity select the category on the left hand side of the page that appeals to you. Click on that link.
There are many career opportunities in the retail stores. These include a variety of management roles and hourly roles. The Hobby Lobby jobs in retail are:
Management: Store Managers and Co-Managers are hired through the Corporate Office, and you must complete a Hobby Lobby online form. Currently, you must be an experienced retail store manager to be considered.
Candidates for the Hobby Lobby career opportunities in store management must have experience in running all operations of a retail store including merchandising, customer relations, day-to-day operations, operational controls, financial management, and inventory management.
Frame Shop Manager: The Frame Shop Manager supervises full and part-time framers. The candidate for this Hobby Lobby job must have framing, scheduling and management experience.
Picture Framers: This job requires a people oriented person with a desire to assist customers in choosing frames, in selecting sections of frames, assisting them in understanding how to construct the frame, and help in purchasing other supplies.
This Hobby Lobby career opportunity requires that the framer also complete framing orders that come into the store and do so by deadline.
Hourly Store Employees: These career opportunities cannot be applied for online. You must visit the store you wish to work in to complete a Hobby Lobby employment form.
Positions that are hourly and may be available are Floral Designer, Cashier, Department Head, Stocker, and Office Manager.
Independent Class Instructors: This position is not a Hobby Lobby job. It is an independent contractor working as their own business and keeping 100% of the fees charged for their classes.
The instructor must be experienced or certified in the crafts they are teaching and work closely with the store management to schedule around store promotions.
New Hobby Lobby Stores Opportunity
The same type of retail career opportunities exist in new stores that are opening around the country on a regular basis. These stores have hiring events to fill these positions. Keep an eye on this page for more information on hiring at your store of choice. There is no online completion of the Hobby Lobby form for these jobs.
Corporate Office Opportunity
There are many Hobby Lobby career opportunities at the corporate office. These positions support all the Hobby Lobby company including the Oklahoma distribution and manufacturing facilities. Jobs at the Oklahoma corporate offices include these areas:
- Information Systems
- Social Media
- Tax Dept.
- Risk Management
There are both full and part-time positions available. Hobby Lobby employment forms require different ways of applying, such as mailing in a form, filling one out in store, or completing the Hobby Lobby online option. Click on the department you are interested in, then on the job you want, and then it will tell you how to apply for this job.
Corporate Support Opportunity
These Hobby Lobby jobs support the stores in many ways. This leads to many more career opportunities through corporate support. Departments at corporate support Includes:
Click on the department to see what type of Hobby Lobby Jobs are available now, and complete the online employment form. All of these positions require that you apply online.
There are an abundance of Hobby Lobby career opportunities. No matter how you turn in your Hobby Lobby form there are some things you should know.
- You must be 16 to complete a Hobby Lobby employment form.
- Store hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Closed on Sunday,
- Hobby Lobby wants to hire only the most enthusiastic people – people who love arts and crafts and have a passion for sharing that love with others.
Is this the kind of career opportunity you are looking for? If it is just jump in and fill out an online employment form.
Hobby Lobby Career Opportunity Benefits and Compensation
Hobby Lobby jobs in Management and Co-Management and Frame Manager in the Retail Store environment receive these benefits and compensation:
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Discount
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- No Hours on Sunday
- Medical and Dental Plan
- 401 k plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Group Life and LTD Insurance
Hourly Retail Stores Hobby Lobby Jobs in the Retail Store Environment receive these benefits and compensation. Employees at new store start-ups would receive the same as established retail.
- Picture Framer: $9-$11 per hour
- Cashier: $8 per hour
- Stocker: $8 per hour
- Floral Design: $9 -$15 per hour
These Hobby Lobby jobs receive the following benefits:
- Medical and dental
- Group life and ltd
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Closed sunday
- Employee discount
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Jobs at the Corporate Office have a variety of benefits with most sharing this basic package:
- Holiday pay
- Casual dress code
- Personal Paid Time Off (PPTO)
- Medical and Dental
- Flexible Spending Benefits (FSA)
- Employee discounts
- Paid vacation
- 401 k
Hobby Lobby jobs at the Corporate Support Area have a variety of benefits with most sharing this basic package:
- Competitive Salaries or hourly pay
- Stores closed Sunday
- Holiday pay
- Long Term Disability
- Personal Paid Time Off (PPTO)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid vacation leave
- Dental/medical/prescription plan
- Merchandise discount
- Group life
Hobby Lobby went from small beginnings, to one of the biggest arts and crafts stores in the nation. With over 67,000 products, you can find just about anything you need for any hobby, craft, or model you wish to partake in. Apply also to Michael’s, where you can find everything from picture frames to molding clay under one roof. If making bracelets and other accessories is something you enjoy, try applying to Claire’s as well and sell the latest in fashion accessories. Take pride in helping people create new and exciting things from nothing but simple items they purchased from you.
Hobby Lobby Application Tips
There is a variety of options in how one goes about completing a Hobby Lobby employment form depending upon which position you are applying for and where it is located. Despite those differences there are some commonalities regarding what to do when filling out the Hobby Lobby online employment form.
- Take your time and make sure you complete every space on the form whether it is a Hobby Lobby online form or your job requires a paper form. Be patient and don’t try to rush through it. You want to make sure it is complete and professional.
- If your Hobby Lobby career opportunity requires you to submit a resume as some of these do, take time with the resume and make it match the job opportunity.
- If you are applying for an hourly store job, you might consider applying for more than one if the commute is reasonable. However don’t apply for more than two. You don’t want to appear desperate.
When Interviewing for a Hobby Lobby Career Opportunity
Consider these tips when you are interviewing for a Hobby Lobby Career Opportunity. You will find this information very help, especially of you are applying for an entry-level Hobby Lobby job.
- Dress professionally for all interviews. No matter what position you are applying for and no matter where your interview is held, dress professionally. Do not wear t-shirts, jeans, tube tops, tank tops, sunglasses, hats, shorts, boots, or flip-flops.
- Before the interview starts, when you first meet the interviewer or anyone in management at Hobby Lobby, shake hands firmly and make good eye contact.
- Make eye contact at the start of the interview and maintain it throughout as appropriate.
- Be prepared to ask questions of your own regarding Hobby Lobby and its future.
- Send a thank you card to the interviewer after a few days.
Now you are ready to complete your Hobby Lobby employment form!