Netflix is one of the most successful IT companies in the world. It is the leader in the internet television network industry, boasting 44 million members who come from 40 different countries across the world and view more than one billion hours of TV shows, original series, and movies on a monthly basis.
By paying a reasonable monthly service fee, members of Netflix are given the privilege to watch any film or TV show as much as they want from their laptops, tablets, or smart phones anytime and anywhere. Using advanced technology and innovative features, Netflix allows viewing of these videos without commercials and interruptions. Pause, play, and resume features are also available for members.
Netflix is one of the young and dynamic companies that have started during the IT generation. The way the company continuously works on technological breakthroughs makes it an exciting and challenging place to work in. If you wish to be a part of this growing, technology-driven company, do not hesitate to submit a Netflix application, and who knows? You may be the next IT superstar that they need!
Applying to Netflix
Applying for a job at Netflix can be done in two ways. First is the traditional submission of employment forms and resume at their office in Los Gatos, California. If you don’t have the time to visit their office, the online option should be just fine.
Applying online can be done through the company’s official website. Visit the company’s Jobs page and browse through the many available positions that you can apply for. These jobs are categorized accordingly for easy browsing and navigation. Location of the job is also listed alongside the position. Upon choosing a preferred job position, click on its link and you will be brought to a page where a comprehensive job description is presented.
In applying for the position, you have two options – either apply via LinkedIn or submit your resume. If you have a complete and updated LinkedIn profile, the former should be an easy choice. Otherwise, choose the latter and simply send an up-to-date copy of your resume.
Making a Netflix is easy so long as you know the proper steps. And with everything going online now, applying for a job is as easy with just a few click of the button.
Employment at Netflix
At Netflix, employees give high value to performance, freedom, and responsibility. They are not strict about company rules and regulations. They don’t follow specific processes and procedures, as well. Instead, they practice spontaneity and prefer to be candid at all times. They are transparent, and seek excellence in all that they do.
This is why Netflix constantly looks for potential individuals with dynamic mind and out-of-the-box ideas that can produce the next million-dollar strategy for the company. If you think you are this kind of person, go ahead and get hired for your dream IT job!
However, let this information serve as your guide as you pursue your career.
Minimum Employment Age for Netflix
You have to be at least 18 years old to become the next superstar. And because most of the Netflix jobs available require some kind of specialization and impressive work experience, age should not be a problem.
Hours of Operation at Netflix
Netflix operates 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Because of this, the company implements various work shifting schedules for their employees. Depending on the demand and the need, some employees are expected to render overtime work with corresponding incentive.
Netflix Career Opportunities
Netflix takes pride in providing a work environment that focuses on diversity and innovation. Hence, career opportunities promise to lead potential employees toward becoming experts in their chosen line of career. Once hired, employees not only get the privilege to expand their knowledge base, but to work for a company that continues to lead in the entertainment industry. The company offers more employment options than you may think.
To successfully meet the company’s goals and objectives, Netflix hires new employees on a regular basis. From entry-level jobs to management positions, the company provides a broad career opportunity for individuals who want to grow professionally and reach their personal goals. If you are technically-inclined individual who wants to get ahead in your career, browse through these career opportunities.
Entry-Level Jobs and Benefits
Netflix hire employees for many entry-level jobs at various regional hubs all over the country. When you get qualified for any entry-level jobs, you will get to enjoy competitive pay package and employment benefits provided by the company.
Browse through these entry-level jobs at that you may want to try out for.
- Data entry specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Staffing Associate
- Content Writer
- Creative Services Specialist
- Digital Account Specialist
- Customer Service Representative
- …and many more!
Management Jobs and Benefits
Netflix has many management jobs available under various categories including Engineering, IT Operations, User Experience and Design, Marketin and PR, Talent and Recruiting, Product Innovation, Content, GLobal Customer Service, FInance, Legal, and more. These higher-level jobs require more advanced specialization and qualifications.
If you believe you have what it takes to pursue any of these managerial-level jobs, apply now!
- Platform Systems Architect
- Technical Program Manager
- Senior Site Engineer
- Senior UI Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Data Architect
- Senior Visual Designer
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Senior Marketing Manager
- HR Manager
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- Staffing Coordinator
- Quality Control Lead
- Global Payments Manager
- …and many more!
To see all the jobs available, visit the company’s Careers page.
A career with Netflix is sure to be a rewarding one. From simple rental service to complete and total industry giant in no time flat, Netflix is an ever growing company filled with computer savvy and technology loving people. With that kind of attitude, you should also apply to GameStop, where technology, gaming, and entertainment is always at the forefront of their business. Radioshack is another place to apply to, for their constantly shifting gadgets and unique items. For an all around experience that takes you across the spectrum from games, to movies, to toys, apply to Toys R Us.
Netflix Employment Information
The employment process is generally fast and efficient. Once you have submitted your employment forms and resume, you will get a call back from the recruiter or hiring manager immediately should your work experience and background match the position you are applying for.
When you get a call back, expect to be scheduled for one or a series of interviews. Interviews at Netflix can be done by telephone, video conferencing, or one-on-one meet up with the executive management, depending on the position and location you are applying for.
Ahead in the hiring process are some other activities including personality tests, psychological exams, background check and medical evaluations. Once everything has been done and completed, and when no legal issues arise, this is the time where Netflix gets you on board by letting you sign a contract with them. To further help you get a better idea on how the employment process goes, check out these helpful tips.
Helpful Tips for your Netflix Application
- Make sure to completely fill out all information being asked in the employment form. Before submitting, check each item once by one and see if there is anything that you missed. Ensure that all your answers are accurate.
- Submit the latest copy of your resume. Take time to review if there are any revisions or updates needs to be made on your resume. This would help your recruiters get a better idea of your skills, qualifications, and technical competencies.
- Research more about the company and the job you are applying for. This would help you get a better insight about the products and services being offered by Netflix and how you – with your talents and skills – can help in the growth of the company.
- Prepare a well-written cover letter that talks about how interested you are in being a part of the company. Mention your skills and how they can be of help in the betterment of the performance of the company.
- Consider location. Because Netflix hires employees in various offices, your knowledge and competency may be needed in an office that is not located near your place. Decide whether you are willing to relocate or stick to the location you prefer. You may negotiate and discuss what added incentives you would have should you decide to relocate.
Netflix Income Information and Benefits
The way Netflix has grown to become an industry leader at present only shows how the company values its people. Employees receive competitive salary packages, generous employment benefits, and advancement opportunities. Aside from these, employees enjoy the great office space filled with cutting-edge tools and technology.
Below are just some of the perks that employees experience.
- Free monthly subscriptions at Netflix
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance
- Medical coverage
- Paid time off
- …and many more!
If you want to enjoy these work incentives, take advantage of these career opportunities.
Facts about Netflix
Take note of these interesting facts about Netflix that may come in handy during your interview sessions.
- The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California.
- Netflix is a California-based company that operates a video streaming website and a DVD-by-mail service. The streaming service is available in the United States, Canada and Latin America, whereas the DVD service is limited to the United States.
- The streaming feature is available to viewers in North and South America, the Caribbean, and parts of Europe, including Denmark, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- The company was offered to Blockbuster for $50 million in 2000, but the sale was declined.
- In 2005, 35,000 different film titles were available, and Netflix shipped 1 million DVDs out every day.
- By 2009, the company was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.
- It is considered one of the most successful start-up companies of all time by market capitalization, revenue, growth, and cultural impact.
- On January 16, 2014, the nomination of The Square (2013) for an Academy Award became the first ever nomination for a Netflix Original production.
Be part of this really dynamic tech team. Apply now.