Zumiez Application Online – Jobs & Careers
Zumiez was founded in 1978 in order to serve the local Seattle skate and snow boarder community. From this small start Zumiez has grown to over 500 stores across the country. Zumiez sells clothing, footwear, accessories, and hard goods for active lifestyles in snow and skate boarding.
Zumiez is looking for passionate, driven people who love the brands we carry and action sports. Submit a Zumiez application today.
In light of this success Zumiez has opened an online store as well. It has also been very successful with the ever increasing popularity of these athletic activities. In 2012 Zumiez acquired the Austrian snow board equipment company Blue Tomato with its stores in Austria and its large online presence.
Adding Blue Tomato to Zumiez’s large empire of action sports equipment stores just made sense. The synergy seemed too good to pass up.
Between the two companies Zumiez career opportunities can be found throughout the United States and in Austria. Zumiez jobs are also available in the Distribution center, the Fulfillment or Customer Care, or the Home Office.
So whether you are interested in Zumiez or Blue Tomato, retail or distribution, fulfillment or home office just go online to Zumiez here and fill out a Zumiez online application.
Online Zumiez Application
If you love the X sports but you are a weekend athlete who loves to be around the sports, perhaps a Zumiez job is for you. If you don’t like retail you can still consider opportunities with the distribution centers or the corporate offices.
How about a Zumiez career opportunity with ecommerce or the Blue Tomato?
If you have any interest in any of these Zumiez jobs, go to the website and click on “Things to know before you apply: underneath the department listings on the left side of the page. Read this section before attempting to search for a job or complete Zumiez online employment forms.
As you click on each of the four areas on the left side of the page, the Zumiez career opportunities for that area will appear on the right side of the page.
Enter your zip code to see if there is an opportunity available near you. Sometimes there might not be an opening but they might be accepting Zumiez applications.
If there are openings that come up you can click on the opening for more information or simply click on apply to complete your Zumiez online application.
Completing a Zumiez Employment Form Online
Knowing that there are 500 Zumiez stores, one distribution center, one fulfillment center, one home office, and the Blue Tomato stores to choose from, you can now fill out your Zumiez online application.
There are a few things you should know first. Remember that small box on the job page of the website? These are some of the same thoughts and they are critical to keep in mind when you complete the Zumiez online employment forms.
- You must be 16 years of age to work in any of the Zumiez or Blue Tomato stores.
- You must be 18 years of age to work in the distribution center, the fulfillment center, and the home office.
- Most of the hiring for the Zumiez career opportunities is done during May-Aug and Oct-June.
- Be patient in waiting for a response to your Zumiez application as managers are swamped at this time.
- Please update your Zumiez online application at every change.
- Be prepared for a fast paced work environment.
Do you like what you are seeing here? If so complete your Zumiez online application.
Zumiez Career Opportunities and Types of Jobs
The Zumiez Distribution Center is located in Corona, California and processes all inbound and outbound materials from all vendors to all the stores. A sample of the types of jobs available in the distribution center includes seasonal, part time and full time employees. Some of the Zumiez career opportunities available here include:
- Skate and Shoe Supervisor – runs the skate or shoe teams
- Splitter- works anywhere you are asked to. Not assigned to a team.
- Zone Operators
- Expediting Assistant
- Expediting Supervisor
There are more Zumiez jobs in the Distribution Center at various times.
The Zumiez Fulfillment Center is located in Edwardsville, Kansas where they receive and send out all orders from Zumiez.com to customers.
The Zumiez Customer Care Center is also located in Edwardsville, Kansas and interacts directly with Zumiez customers and resolves any issues.
- Web Fulfillment
- Web Operations Supervisor
- Customer Service Lead
- Customer Care Representative
There are three types of Zumiez jobs available in the retail stores.
- Sales – meet customers’ needs and provide outstanding customer service Compensation is from minimum wage to $10 per hour.
- 1st Assistant Store Manager/Keyholder – assists manager with supervision of store. Compensation is $10 to $12 per hour.
- 2nd Assistant Store Manager Compensation is $10 to $13 per hour.
- Store Manager – oversees all operations of your own store. Compensation can run from $36,000 to $53,000.
Go to the Zumiez web site and complete the Zumiez application for a chance at these terrific jobs.
Zumiez is a cutting edge store serving the same type of customer base. Zumiez jobs come with benefits that are intended to keep the best employees happy and able to live a positive, healthy life.
- Health Care/Medical/Dental/Vision
- Life insurance/short term and long term disability
- 401 K plans with company match
- Employee stock plans
- Paid holidays/sick leave/vacation
- Merchandise discounts
- Weekly Sales and Customer Service contests
- Top Sales wins gift cards and trips
- Paid Training
- Flexible scheduling
- Career Development plans for each associate
- Referral bonuses
Zumiez benefits are intended to add to the quality of life of all employees. These benefits may be granted on the basis of experience and time on the job. Apply now and fill out the Zumiez online employment forms.
When You are Completing a Zumiez Application Online
Some things to keep in mind when completing the Zumiez online application are:
- Take your time and make sure you fill out the form completely. Don’t leave any spaces empty unless you explain why. Make sure you are comfortable with your answers.
- If you find yourself interested in more than one of the many Zumiez career opportunities go ahead and apply for them. After all this gives you a better chance at getting hired at Zumiez. Be sure you are serious about any job you apply for.
When Interviewing for a Zumiez Career Opportunity
When you interview for any Zumiez job use these tips to help you succeed.
- Be on time for your interview. Show up 15 minutes early to ensure this. These tips are especially important if you are applying for an entry level Zumiez job. Remember you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Dress professionally no matter what position you are applying for or where you are meeting. You might think if you are meeting in the Distribution Center that you can dress down. Don’t. No matter what the interviewer is wearing you are trying to make a good first impression. DO NOT WEAR: Jeans, tshirts, tanktops, shorts, sweats, flip flops, hats, sunglasses, or boots –even work boots.
- When you meet the interviewer make immediate eye contact and shake hands firmly with him or her.
- Maintain eye contact throughout the interview. Thank the interviewer.
- Send a thank you card after the interview. Remember this is your chance for a great Zumiez career opportunity.
History of Zumiez
In the 1970s, Seattle Washington was a hot bed of skate boarding and the birth of two new Xsports. These sports were skateboarding and in the mountains snowboarding. Riders were beginning to make their own materials and even their own boards.
Snowboarding was pretty much the same as skateboarding until the mid 1990s, because snowboarding generally took all of their moves from skateboarding and took them to the snow. In the 1990s that all changed and it changed for vendors as well. Yes like Zumiez most vendors sold both skate and snowboards, but they sell distinctly separate items for each sport.
A great example of riders developing their own stock is the Blue Tomato opened by Gerfried Schuller, a former European Snowboard Champion in 1988 as a school. He sold his own designs even after the school folded.
In 2012 Zumiez purchased the Blue Tomato and combined it with the Zumiez stores. This gave Zumiez over 500 stores in North America. With an exciting and ever more popular future you can expect both brands to thrive.
Get in on the fun now! Complete a Zumiez application online and land yourself in a great new Zumiez job!
Check out these related company job applications: