IHOP jobs give you a chance to savor a home-like environment even at work! IHOP is synonymous with the concept of informal family fining worldwide and career opportunities offer professional growth and a unique learning experience.
IHOP, or International house of Pancakes, is a family-style restaurant chain specializing in breakfast delicacies (read: pancakes) and is owned by Dine Equity.
With over 1550 branches and independently run franchises in US, Canada and South America, career opportunities with the company are ideal for people from all kinds of backgrounds.
Though the international food chain is renowned for its breakfast selection, their appetizing lunch and devouring dinner dishes as well as the inviting ambiance make it one of the most visited food chains in all of America.
Aside from its popular network of restaurants, IHOP also distributes frozen breakfast produces to retail and grocery stores across US.
IHOP online applications give you a chance to work in a friendly, family like environment and the opportunities available are countless.
Information For Applying
You can browse through the available job opportunities displayed on the website and apply online. Applying takes only a few minutes to fill in, and openings are readily available in various areas. The food chain operates 24 hours a day and seven days a week, which means you can find flexible work hours and both full-time and part-time jobs at the entry-level, as well as senior management.
Click here to find a job at IHOP.
Things to Know Before Submitting Your Employment Form
The perks of working at a food chain are endless – you get to meet different people, work in a comfortable and friendly environment and earn a salary in addition to tips. An IHOP career comes with all these benefits and more – the global network of restaurants offers its employees a generous employment package as well as several other attractive staff benefits.
Filling an IHOP employment form correctly is the first step in bringing a global career to your reach, here are a few guidelines that will help you apply easily.
Minimum Age for Employment
The minimum age to start working for the company is 16. However, the company has a reduced-hours policy for staff under the age of 18. So, this point should be considered when applying for employment. You can also visit the IHOP restaurant nearest you to learn more about hiring criteria.
The flexible process makes it easy for anyone to find a job, from fresh high school grads to experienced individuals.
Visit the careers portal to learn more about the hiring prerequisites for IHOP career opportunities.
Hours of Operation
One of the main advantages of working at the #1 family dining restaurants in America is the flexible work schedule. Serving fresh and tasty food all day long, IHOP is open 24/7, which means the need for staff at their various franchises is always a priority.
Use the store locator to find the nearest franchise near you. This feature is where you can start working on either a full-time or part-time position after submitting a quick and simple employment form.
IHOP jobs; particularly for entry-level positions, do not require prior experience. This aspect is ideal for those who want to work in a supportive, friendly and casual work environment while earning some extra cash. If you are 16 or older, you can easily find a suitable career opportunity just after an online submission of the form.
The main criteria for hiring is following the core company values of innovation, excellence, trust, accountability and community. The rewarding and enjoyable career path invites both newbies and professionals for diverse jobs in serving and customer service, kitchen help, corporate management as well as leadership roles.
The franchise restaurants around the world are considered the main hubs for IHOP jobs. You can also find suitable employment opportunities in the field of marketing, development, training, operations, HR, communication and legal. These can be found at the Restaurant Support Center in California or in one of the key field support positions across US.
It took a good amount of time on this Earth before I realized that IHOP was an acronym for International House of Pancakes. That just sounds like a beautiful place, and it certainly is. With friendly faces and plenty of locations, this is a great place to work. For another breakfast at night option, apply for a position with Waffle House. Looking to expand into the world of constantly shifting landscapes? Golden Corral is for you, with menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If the isles of Italy call to you, apply to Olive Garden as well for a truly perfect trifecta of job opportunities at your very fingertips.
Here is a complete list of positions at IHOP. For fresh vacancies, you can view the current posted jobs on their official website.
Entry Level Jobs
- Prep cook
- Line cook
- Host/ Hostess
- Inside-sales representative
- Customer service representative
- Payroll specialist
- Accounting assistant
- Administrative assistant
- Business analyst
- Assistant Manager
- Facilities manager
- General Manager
- Multi-unit Manager
- Marketing Manager
Management Level Jobs
Find employment at the best family-style breakfast chain in the world. Browse through available IHOP career opportunities today.
Applying here opens doors to rewarding opportunities and a chance to steer your career in the right direction.
If you are interested in growing and exploring new avenues in the food-service industry, IHOP with its sound reputation, consistent popularity and global franchise network, seems to be the best place to start.
Here is a quick go-through guide for the job opportunities that become available to you after filling an employment form:
Entry Level Positions
Positions mostly invite individuals for entry-level and vacancies for waitresses, servers, hosts/hostess and cooks. Bus boys and dishwashers are also regularly advertised.
Owing to the growing number of franchises across the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Guatemala, it is fairly easy to find an entry-level position and start earning a few extra bucks while working in a warm and inviting environment.
Targeting prospective employees aged 16 and older, the main responsibilities for entry-level jobs at IHOP are as follows:
- Hosts/hostesses greet the customers, take them to the table and occasionally take drink orders.
- Cashiers operate the billing till.
- Servers take the order and bring food to the tables.
- Cooks prepare the food.
- Dishwashers clean the dishes and tableware used.
- Bussers wipe and clear the tables.
Pay Scale for Jobs at Entry Level
Most entry-level titles at get paid by the hour. For both full-time and part-time employees, the salary structure varies on the basis of location and responsibilities.
For servers, waiters and waitresses at IHOP, the minimum starting wage lies between $3 and $5 per hour, while tips are additional. Salaries for kitchen staff and cooks also depend upon the location, although $10 is considered to be the cutoff wage per hour for cooks and $7 for hosts/hostesses.
The managerial positions at IHOP offer tremendous opportunities for growth and learning and are ideal for nurturing the inborn leadership and organizational qualities in you.
Aside from senior level positions such as Assistant and General Manager, vacancies in the area of marketing, advertising and training often open up as well and it helps to check the jobs available online at IHOP every now and then.
The management roles for IHOP jobs include the recruitment and training of staff, delegating daily duties, supervising the employees and ensuring optimized customer satisfaction at all times. Some of the main positions available at IHOP include Assistant Manager, General Manager, Customer Service Professionals, Business Analysts, Marketing and Advertising Expert and much more.
Pay Scale for Jobs in Management Sector
For management level IHOP jobs, the total salary structure depends on your experience, responsibilities as well as location of the franchise. On a rough scale, Assistant Managers at IHOP earn within the range of $25,000 to $35,000 per year while the average yearly salary of general managers can exceed the figure of $60,000.
Tips and Suggestions
IHOP employment forms are easy to fill in and readily available on their website. However, the competition is indeed really high and it pays to do a little background check about the enterprise to enhance your hiring chances.
After applying online, you will be called in for an interview which will most likely be conducted by the shift manager.
For entry-level positions, simple questions during a one-on-one session are the regular criterion. On the other hand, for more senior level positions, you may be called in for multiple interviews in front of a panel of hiring personnel.
Here are a few tips that will help you present a confident stance during the interview. Take a look:
- Fill the IHOP form with care – A lot of applicants miss out on jobs because of mistakes and errors when filling the IHOP employment forms. Add your personal details, previous work reference as well experience and include a contact number where you are always available.
- Be Presentable – Turn up for the interview in your best attire, with a clean, formal and confidence appearance. Working in the food service industry requires you to pay special attention to personal hygiene and cleanliness and a little carelessness on your part can go against your favor.
- Some preparation never goes waste! Research about the company, its history as well as core values before turning up for the interview will increase your hiring chances. Being a customer centric restaurant offering casual dining services, a courteous, friendly and approachable personality will be an added plus.
Here are some extra tips to make your inquiry an absolute success!
Some common questions that will be asked during your IHOP employment interview include how you would cater to customers on a busy hour, what would your typical work day be like, how would you greet and guide customers, how would you deal with a difficult or finicky customer etc.
Aside from a rewarding and exciting career path, IHOP also offers attractive employee benefits. Both entry level and managerial positions include paid training, flexible work schedules as well as attractive pay scales which add to the appeal of working in a bustling and fun environment.
Some of the most commonly offered staff benefits include:
- Health insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, wellness and vision care benefits.
- Future planning benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefit plan.
- Meal discounts for qualified employees.
- Paid time off to find a balance between work and leisure.
To learn more about the staff benefits that you can earn after submitting an employment form, take a look online.
Facts About The Company
Looking for more information to make yourself stand out? Here are some must-know facts about IHOP that will definitely help you make a great impression at the interview!
- IHOP or the International House of Pancakes started off in 1958 at the Toluca Lake, California. The founders, Al and Jerry lapin, soon noticed its potential for growth and started franchising the brand making it a household name across the state.
- Today more than 1500 independent franchises run under the name of IHOP 24/7. IHOP is considered the leading family-themed breakfast chain not just in the 50 states in America but also in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guatemala. The company plans to expand to the Caribbean and Central America very soon.
- IHOP is primarily known for its utterly delicious pan cakes but also serves an array of other scrumptious menu options like sausages, sandwiches, salads, burgers and pastry items. Promoting a healthy and nutritious way of life, nutritional information for all menu variants are available on the IHOP website.
- Working for the environment, the company believes in a green working philosophy and is also actively involved in supporting scholarships and charities for socially relevant causes.
- IHOP as a global franchise makes more than $349 million yearly and more than 32,000 workers are associated with IHOP today.
Want to work in a challenging, amicable and supportive work environment? Start your career today by applying online.