To work at Tim Hortons is to work for one of the most popular, most community oriented and fastest growing companies in Canada. A Tim Hortons career opportunity is a career opportunity with a company with $3.12 billion (CDN) in 2012. Apply today with your Tim Hortons application.
Canadian sales that year were almost $6,000,000 while sales in the United States were over $530,000. To work for Tim Hortons is to work for the premier fast food company in Canada and one of the fastest growing coffee and donuts shop in the U.S.
Although coffee remains the most popular item in a Tim Hortons store they now serve cakes, croissants, muffins , cookies, pies, chili, and soups. The sandwich line introduced in 1993 was introduced again in 1998 as part of “Tim’s Own” menu items.
After this they introduced bagels, cappuccino, Café Mocha and Iced Cappuccino. Between 2003 and the present, Maple Pecan Danish, a Turkey Bacon Club, Yogurt & Berries, Cinnamon Roll, Hot Smoothees, Chicken Salad Wrap and Breakfast sandwiches have been added for a very full menu.
Apply Online to Tim Hortons
If you want a fun and progressive company to work for with opportunities throughout Canada and possibilities in the United States, then Tim Hortons might be the one for you.
The company believes that its employees have a chance to touch the lives of so many people every day that it can change the life of the employee. If this sounds good then you need a Tim Hortons employment form.
To apply online you go to Work at Tims webpage and click on apply now! This will take you to a new page. The next page will ask you for some simple information just to identify you. Enter this information and then click on submit to send your Tim Hortons job inquiry.
Next you will be asked if you are interested in management or team jobs. Select the appropriate answer then select Canada or the US. Now you will be asked to select the province or state. Make these choices and then finally a form will become available for you to complete.
If there are no opportunities in your chosen location, your resume will be filed and you will be notified by Tim Hortons when there is something available.
What You Need to Know Before Applying
Knowing some basic information about the company is helpful when you consider completing a Tim Hortons career We have already provided you with plenty of historical and operational information on the company.
Tim Hortons is listed and traded publicly on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
In addition to this it is important to know that to work at a Tim Hortons job
- You must be at least 16 years of age to work at Tim Hortons.
- Regular work hours at the stores are Monday thru Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Positions You Can Apply for Online
You can apply for both entry-level and professional Tim Hortons career opportunities at the Tim Horton site. Here are the various positions you can apply for and their starting wages. The starting wages at Tim Hortons are based on experience.
Restaurant Positions Available
Entry Level Employees
- Cashier: This is an hourly position. The starting pay for this position is $7.24/hr.
- Store Front/Cashier: This is an hourly position. The starting pay for this position is $7.48/hr.
- Baker: This is an hourly position. The starting pay for this position is $7.65/hr.
- Store Front/Baker: This is an hourly position. The starting pay for this position is $8/hr.
- Supervisor: This is an hourly position. The starting pay for this position is $8.79/hr.
Request Tim Hortons Employment Forms
- Supervisor is a salaried position. The starting pay for this position is $13-15,000/yr.
- Store Front Cashier is a salaried position. The starting pay for this position is $14-16,000/yr.
- Baker is a salaried position. The starting pay for this position is $16-18,000/yr.
- General Manager is a salaried position. The starting pay for this position is $40,180
Corporate Positions Exist In these Departments
Request a Tim Hortons employment form to apply:
- Business Systems
- Property Management
- Product Development
- Guest Services
Tim Hortons Jobs with the Foundation with Children’s Camp
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation runs a children’s camp for over 15,000 children from economically disadvantaged environments. Over 350 staff operate these camps. There are both seasonal and full-time Tim Horton career opportunities available in:
- Food Service
- Program Services
- Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Wellness Program
- Camp Management
Distribution and Warehouse Positions
Request a Tim Hortons employment form for:
- Truck Drivers
- Order Selectors Warehouse
- Supervisors and Managers in the Warehouse
Benefits at Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons is as committed to its team members as it is to its customers and one cannot succeed without the other. There are many advancement opportunities and in-house training opportunities available to staff. To get in on this request a Tim Hortons employment form. Benefits are available depending upon the position.
Restaurant Positions Offer
- Flexible work schedules
- Scholarship Programs
- Career Advancement
- Free Uniforms
- Incentive and Recognition Programs
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Community Involvement
Corporate and Foundation Positions Offer
- Solid Base Salary plus Incentive Program
- Service Awards
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits
- Pension/401K/Discount and Wellness Programs
- Internal Training and Development
- Great Work Environment where you matter and your contributions are solicited.
- Company Events like Golf Tournaments, Staff Celebrations, BBQ’s and Family Picnics.
- Fitness Center and Children’s Foundation.
Distribution and Warehouse Positions Offer
- Mentoring and Training
- Continental (2) Shifts
- Career Advancement
Tim Horton’s is a fast growing and community focused line of restaurants that garnered over three billion dollars in sales in the year 2012 alone! With their widely varied menu of coffee, cakes, sandwiches, and more, working with them is a fast and fun experience. For a similar experience working with coffee and pastries, apply to Starbucks as well. If you’re someone who prefers serving a more traditional type of breakfast, apply to Krispy Kreme and bring those phenomenal donuts and coffee to the world. There’s nothing like working in a fast paced workplace that keeps you on your toes. The hours just fly by, and you’ll be home before you know it.
Application Tips and Interviewing
- Fill in every blank space on the Tim Hortons employment forms. Don’t skip anything. The most complete forms will get the first responses from any company and Tim Horton’s is no different.
- Double check the Tim Hortons online form before you send it in for completeness, spelling and grammar.
- Take you time filling it out and remember to electronically sign it.
- Be patient in waiting for a response from your local Tim Hortons. The hiring manager might get hundreds of inquiries daily.
- Pay attention to information on the company’s website. Know as much as you can about Tim Horton’s history, mission and success.
- Dress professionally no matter what job you are applying for and no matter what level that job is.
- Understand that you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Shake hands firmly. Make eye contact. Be polite. Be positive.
- Be prepared to ask questions yourself. What do you want to know about Tim Hortons and what do you want to know about the position.
History of Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons was founded as a coffee and donut shop, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in 1964 by Canadian Hockey great Tim Horton and co-founder Ron Joyce. Ron became sole owner following the tragic death of Horton in a car accident in 1974.
With its focus on the freshest products, the highest quality products, the best service and a strong commitment to the community, Tim Hortons quickly grew into the largest fast food chain in Canada. Today Tim Hortons specializes in baked goods, quality lunches and most of all the best of all fast food coffee.
At the same time the company demonstrates a remarkable commitment to the community through The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation and its support for children’s activities such as the Earn-a-Bike and Smile Cookie Programs.
Ron Joyce founded the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation in 1974 following Tim’s death in order to honor Tim’s love for and commitment to children.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation primarily supports camps for economically disadvantaged children and in its three primary programs it serves over 14,000 children every year. The primary programs include a year round group, residential camp, and a youth leadership program.
Tim Hortons started with coffee and donuts and the emphasis was on the coffee. The donuts offered two original standouts: the Dutchie and the Apple Fritter. These two donuts lead in popularity among all Tim Hortons donuts today.
With its capacity to change with its patron’s taste many new products followed suit, in particular the immensely popular Timbits, now in 35 flavors. This was followed by many additional food items as the chain has grown over the years to be Canada’s largest coffee and donut stores.
Today Tim Hortons is found all over Canada and now in the United States as well. In addition to the stand alone fast food restaurants, there are Tim Hortons in hospitals, universities, shopping malls and off the highways. Most offer 24 hour drive thru service as Tim Hortons thrives on the fast food culture.
Tim Hortons is licensed by the TDL Group and every franchise and company store follows the company mission in delivering high quality products and the best possible service to customers. They are also committed to showing leadership in the community and in everything they get involved in.
This philosophy includes the company commitment to the over 1800 employees in corporate and over 96,000 franchise restaurants staff. This includes a commitment to continue to increase Tim Horton career opportunities.
Are you ready to apply online for a Tim Hortons opportunity now? With new jobs being added on a daily basis, there is certainly one there for you.