Bed Bath & Beyond Employment Job Application
About Bed Bath & Beyond
Also known as B3, Bed Bath & Beyond is a giant merchandise retail store with multiple branches across the US, Canada, and Mexico. Operating for more than 30 years now, the company was established in 1971.
As it grew to become one of the largest retails store chains in the America at present, Bed Bath & Beyond is among the Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 successful companies. This article will guide you on how to fill out and submit a Bed Bath & Beyond Application.
Bed Bath & Beyond is known for offering great selections of products such as home decoration items, bathroom furnishings, kitchen supplies, body care supplies, cosmetic items, storage and cleaning tools, dining wares, toys and baby accessories, fashion accessories, and outdoor supplies among many others.
It is basically designed to serve as a “one-stop shop” for your home essentials, especially for products commonly used in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.
Customers can get a hold of these indispensable home items by visiting more than 1,000 stores across the country or simply going online and logging in to the company’s official website, which also serves as its online shop.
Working for the company can be a delightful and fun experience. Once hired to become an employee of the company, you would be assisting customers while they do their shopping, stocking items and setting up displays, or doing the cash register.
Bed Bath & Beyond also offers office jobs that my suit you if you equipped with particular specialization. The company provides great career opportunities for talented and potential individuals. If you would like to grab one of them, start by applying today.
Bed Bath & Beyond Jobs
To continuously provide its customers with above-satisfactory service and maintain its growth and constant expansion, Bed Bath & Beyond regularly seeks out for talented individuals who have the passion to drive success and commitment to perform outstandingly. If you have the features they are looking for and if you want to know what it feels like to be working for the “top performing retailer in the country,” now is the right time to pursue your employment.
Just like other companies under the same industry, the company allows multiple ways of applying for a job position with them. You can either do the traditional way of applying where you drop by one of their branches or their main office, or send an online employment form.
Traditional Methods of Applying
This way of applying involves printing a copy of your cover letter, updated CV, and Bed Bath & Beyond employment form. Personally bring these documents to the main office of the company or any store branch. Look for the hiring manager or any manager who can help you and leave with him your documents. Do not forget to leave your contact numbers, as well, so the company will have a way of reaching you should you qualify for the position you are applying for.
Applying Online at Bed Bath & Beyond
Applying online at Bed Bath & Beyond is also possible. With this option, you may not need to print copies of your documents right away. You simply need to go to the company’s official website and visit the Careers page. Browse through the many job listings available and identify which one is best suited for you in terms of your skills, qualifications, and experience. Don’t forget to consider location of the available job.
Read the job description thoroughly. If you think that you have found the right job for you, click the Apply Online button. However, you may have to create an account first before you apply to Bed Bath & Beyond online. Make sure that you follow the instructions properly when creating your profile and uploading your CV.
Employment at Bed Bath & Beyond
After filing a job inquiry for Bed Bath & Beyond, patiently wait for a feedback from a hiring manager. Meanwhile, do you part in learning more about the company, its culture, and the job you are applying for. To help you gain more insights about possible careers, here are some job requirements you should know.
Minimum Employment Age for Bed Bath & Beyond
To be a qualified employee, you have to be at least 18 years old.
Hours of Operation at Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is open 7 days a week, with varying operating hours. From Mondays to Saturdays, it operates from 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM. On Sundays, it is open from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM only. However, there may branches that do not conform to this schedule. To find out the operating hours of a specific store, go to the company’s website, click Find A Store at the bottom part of the page, enter a city or area name, and see the corresponding results.
Bed Bath & Beyond Career Opportunities
Bed Bath & Beyond boasts of being an industry leader with a sales growth that makes the company the “top performing retailer in the country.” It takes pride in delivering successful stock performance, continuous store expansion, and maintaining merchandising.
The success that the company currently enjoys brings about many career opportunities in return. Its continued expansion translates to an unrelenting search for talented, hardworking individuals who can be a part of its growing team.
If your dream is to grab one of the many exciting jobs available, check out the following list of entry-level and management jobs you can apply for.
Entry-Level Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond
Entry-level Bed Bath & Beyond jobs include the following positions.
• Stock Associate
• Sales Associate
• Customer Service Associate
• Logistics Officer
• Transport Officer
• Data Entry Worker
• Customer Service Representative
• Administrative Assistant
• Delivery Driver
• Maintenance Technician
Management Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond
If your information showcases advanced technical skills, impressive qualifications, and successful work background, you may opt to apply for management-level jobs in the company. Job positions under this category include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Store Manager
• Assistant Store Manager
• Front-End Manager
• Human Resource Manager
• Area Loss Prevention Manager
• Department Manager
• Category Buyer
• Loss Prevention Manager
• District Manager
• Overnight Manager
• Sales Manager
Bed Bath & Beyond Employment Information
After submitting your Bed Bath & Beyond inquiry documents, the company’s hiring manager will evaluate it according to the position you are applying for in the company. If you are qualified, expect a call from him within one to two weeks for an interview schedule.
Typically, interviews last for about 30 to 45 minutes, using a one-on-one format. If you are applying for an entry-level job, you would undergo one to two interviews. If, however, you are pursuing a management position, expect to undertake more than two interviews with the hiring manager and a couple of department heads and managers.
The entire hiring process, includes examinations and background checks, which usually take an average of two weeks, depending on location and the specific job you are applying for.
To further help you with your employment, read and keep in mind the following useful insights.
My fondest memory of Bed Bath and Beyond is the “Beyond” section was featured in that Adam Sandler movie “Click”. Still, a great place to work as the selection truly does go above and beyond what you would expect to see in a store like that. After applying there, check out JCPenney for an equally varied selling experience across a large store. Kohls is a great place to apply to for a high class selling experience across a large variety of items. Finally, apply to Macy’s for a wide choice of options and positions in a number of locations.
Application Tips for Bed Bath & Beyond
1. Take advantage of the wide selection of career opportunities. Before finally deciding which job position to apply for, browse through the complete job listings of the company first and check them one by one. It’s important that you identify which job suits you best in terms of your skills, technical knowledge and previous work experience.
2. Make a good, lasting impression from your Bed Bath & Beyond interview Highlight your strong points, showcase your skills, and mention successful work experiences and projects. When creating a cover letter, be as professional sounding as possible. Check for grammar and punctuation errors that may turn your recruiter off.
3. When invited for an interview, dress properly and professionally, no matter what position you are applying for. By wearing appropriate interview clothes, you show that you are taking the job seriously and that you are a good choice for the position.
4. If you have worked for a similar industry in the past, showcase the skills and knowledge you have learned and how you can apply them to Bed Bath & Beyond. Suggest remarkable ideas that may help the company achieve its goals and objectives. However, don’t give everything away. Tell the recruiter that can further elaborate your ideas and take them into action once you get hired.
5. Always be polite and friendly. The company is always looks for inspiring people who can impose positive atmosphere in a busy working environment. Show them that while you are dedicated and hardworking, you can still have fun and enjoy your work.
Income Information and Benefits
Bed Bath & Beyond generally provides competitive pay package. However, it differs depending on the position you are hired for. For example, cashiers and associates – both entry-level job positions – receive minimum wage. Managers, on the other hand, can receive anywhere from $20,000 to as high as $80,000 annually, depending on the level and expected tasks from them.
The company is also generous in providing employment benefits for its employees. Some of the perks that come with jobs include the following:
• Paid training opportunities
• Future planning benefits
• Insurance coverage
• Work-life balance programs
• Financial planning benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans and saving plans
• Paid time off
• Discounts on products and services
• In-house promotion
Working at Bed Bath & Beyond
Current employees at Bed Bath & Beyond affirm that working for the company is indeed satisfying and rewarding. The company provides employees not only with a wealth of job perks, but with a fun and fast-paced work environment, as well. Top executives and members of the management team promise an unswerving commitment to promote recognition, appreciation, and rewards to those who show exceptional performance.
Facts about Bed Bath & Beyond
Check out these interesting facts about the company that may come in handy during your interview and hiring process.
• Bed Bath & Beyond was founded by Warren Eisenberg and Leonard Feinstein in 1971. It was initially called Bed ‘n Bath.
• After achieving success in the United States, the company expanded into the international market with locations in Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
• In 2011, the company had more than a thousand stores in operation internationally.
• Some of the major competitors of Bed Bath & Beyond are Wal-Mart, Target, J. C. Penney, and Pier 1 Imports. Companies such as Crate & Barrel and the numerous Williams Sonoma companies are also competitors.
• Over the past few years, the company has made several major acquisitions including Harmon Stores, Christmas Tree Shops, buybuy BABY, Cost-Plus Inc, and Linen Holdings, LLC.
To start applying, visit http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com.